Though John Beilein has had a ton of success on the court and on the recruiting trail while at Michigan, one of the biggest knocks on him is his lack of recruiting wins over rival Michigan State. Well, count one of JB and the Wolverines as Kalamazoo (MI) F Isaiah Livers has committed to Michigan over MSU.
Excited to announce that next year I will be attending the University of Michigan〽️🔵🏀 pic.twitter.com/YFMeZPvWql
— Isaiah (@_isaiah_35) August 7, 2016
Livers is a long, versatile forward that has the size to play the college power forward position and the athleticism to play the small forward spot. So, it makes sense that he was targeted and looks to perfectly fit the four spot in Beilein’s system. His ability to shoot the rock from inside and out should make him a very nice fit in Ann Arbor. Add in his ability to rebound should help him see the floor early and often in his career.
This recruitment was pretty quick for Michigan as the staff offered Livers back on July 25th after the staff kept a close eye on him during the evaluation period. Michigan State offered him days before UM and most analyst, including six 247Sports Crystal Ball predictors, believed he was a heavy lean towards the Spartans. However, John Beilein was able to beat out Tom Izzo for the versatile big man from the west side of the state.
- Height: 6’8”
- Weight: 205lbs
- Hometown (School): Kalamazoo, MI (Central)
- Notable Offers: Michigan State, Cal, Butler, Minnesota
- Rankings: Scout (3*) – Rivals (3*, #114 overall) – 247Sports (3*, #136 overall) – ESPN (4*, #69 overall)
- Composite Ranking: 4 star, #120 overall, #24 PF, #2 in Michigan
As for the Rest of the Class
Livers is the 3rd commitment of the 2017 class to go alongside G Jordan Poole and PG Eli Brooks. The staff looks to have one more scholarship open with the main targets looking like the highest ranked players on the board in Livers’ teammate, five star F Brian Bowen, and five star F Kris Wilkes. Michigan has a very good chance to land either of those players. Wilkes looks to be very interested in UM but Livers’ addition could be a big help for the staff’s pursuit of Bowen.
Photo Credit: Crystal Vander Weit/Kalamazoo Gazette
- Michigan Takes Care of Texas Southern, Moves onto 2nd Round - Mar 20, 2021
- Michigan Receives Expected #1 Seed in 2021 NCAA Tournament - Mar 14, 2021
- New Michigan Man: WR Tay’shawn Trent Commits to Michigan - Mar 3, 2021