The 2015 Michigan spring game is already looking to be one of the most attended in recent memory, and the recruits that are expected to be there will be a nice chunk of the attendance. After doing some digging, I’ve been able to confirm several 2016 and 2017 recruits that will make their way to Ann Arbor on April 4th.
*I will include visitors as they come in
Confirmed/Planning on it
– Peters planned this visit back in February and is the name that every single Michigan fan will be watching out for throughout the weekend. He looks to be the most likely to commit and could possibly start a bit of a snowball effect for the class.
– Jackson is one of the best middle linebackers in the class and looks to have significant interest in the Wolverines. He announced he’ll be visiting Michigan for the spring game via Twitter.
– Brown is teammates with Jackson and one of the more unknown recruits that holds an offer. Getting him on campus this early is big and Im sure the staff will look to leave a mark before he heads back home. Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz was the first to break the story on their visits ($).
– Davis is one of the top offensive guards in the class and looks to be extremely high on the Wolverines. He is being targeted by multiple heavy hitters but getting him to Ann Arbor this early will likely go a long way. He announced his visit plans via Twitter.
– Davis was one of the first running backs offered by the new staff and happens to be teammates with 2015 corner signee Keith Washington. With that tie to the program already and Harbaugh’s ability to produce power running backs/full backs, this early visit is huge. He announced it via Twitter.
OLB Jalen Cochran
– Cochran is a fast rising in-state target that looks to be a wanted man by the Michigan staff. He’s very raw but has the size and athleticism to be a steal later on. And the Wolverines will have their chance as he let me know he’ll be at the spring game.
RB Matt Falcon
– Falcon is the top running back in the state and one of the best in the Midwest. He landed his offer from the new staff soon after they took over and looks to be a favorite in his recruitment. He’s visited twice before and let me know that he will make his 3rd visit to Ann Arbor in 2015 for the spring game.
LB Will Small
– Small is a well known in-state recruit that was questioned on his offer from Michigan by several recruiting analysts. When I spoke with him, he let me know the offer is out there but he couldn’t commit until after camping over the summer. He also let me know he will definitely be at the spring game.
HB Tim Walton
– Walton is a star linebacker at Cass Tech that Harbaugh looks to be recruiting as a half back. He’s visited in the past and let me know he is “trying to make it” to Ann Arbor for the spring game. He may not land an offer right now but may land one down the road.
– Mathews is starting to see more interest from the staff. He is a super athletic cornerback/wide receiver out of Tallahassee and looks to be very interested in Michigan. When I asked him if he was going to make it to Ann Arbor for the spring game, he said “I plan on it”.
– Fitzpatrick is committed to Louisville but after landing his offer from the new Michigan staff, everyone is expecting the flip to happen….eventually. He and and his father are still trying to get a feel for the new staff and just want to be 100% sure before making any decisions. I spoke with his father who let me know that they will be at the spring game.
– Onwenu is the top offensive lineman in the state and is very high on the coaching staff’s board. He was seen as an Ohio State lean for awhile until the Mike Weber situation happened. And the new staff has taken advantage. He’s said to be now favoring the Wolverines and told 247’s Steve Lorenz he plans on being at the spring game ($).
OT Riley Anderson & OT Austin Anderson
– The Anderson twin brothers are two very talented tackles out of Texas and are very likely a packaged deal. The staff extended offers earlier in the month and it looks like they will get their first real chance to impress the duo as Riley tweeted that he will be visiting for the spring game, and you’d have to believe it would be a family affair.
– The state’s top ranked receiver was down on Michigan after their poor season and coaching change, however with arrival of Coach Harbaugh, the Wolverines look like real contenders now. He’s visited Ann Arbor four times in 2015 and, according to Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz, he’ll be at the spring game for his fifth visit ($).
– Kareem is a prototypical defense end that holds offers from just about every big program in the country, and Michigan is heavily targeting him. According to Lorenz, he’ll be making his 3rd visit to Ann Arbor in less than a month for the spring game ($).
2017 OLB Corey Malone-Hatcher
– CMH is one of the top targets on the 2017 board and looks to be very high on the in-state Wolverines. After sharing some messages back and forth with his father, he told me that him and his son are going to try and make it in for the game after they get home from vacation.
2017 S Jaylen Kelly-Powell
– Kelly-Powell hasn’t received a ton of attention in the Michigan recruiting world but he’s a name to remember. He is one of the top in-state candidates to blow up on the trail after summer camps and his junior season. He is also very interested in the Wolverines as he let me know that, though he wasn’t invited by the staff (not a ton of 2017 recruits were), he was going to go to the game with his father either way.
2017 RB Todd Sibley
– Sibley is the latest 2017 offer from the coaching staff and only the 2nd running back offered in the class. He is one of the top backs in the Midwest and is very high on Michigan. He’s visited before and he let Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz know he will make it to the spring game ($).
2017 LB Josh Ross
– Ross is the younger brother of current Wolverine linebacker, James Ross. He is also very high on Michigan, just like his brother was. Things were starting to go south before the coaching change, but with Harbaugh in and Mattison still on staff, it looks like the Maize and Blue are the favorite once again. Since the new year, he has visited twice and let Steve Lorenz know he’s visiting again for the spring game ($).
2017 LB Kyle Bolden
– Bolden, like Ross, is a younger brother of a current Wolverine linebacker, Joe Bolden. Like his brother, he is a very athletic and aggressive linebacker and looks to be high on Michigan as well. He let me know he would be at the game.
2017 RB Antjuan Simmons
– The Ann Arbor high school star will be one of the most sought after 2017 recruits in the state and is being targeted by Michigan’s Tyrone Wheatley. He visited soon after the new staff took over and let me know that he’ll be at the spring game for his 2nd visit of the new year.
2017 DE AJ Epenesa
– Epenesa is arguably the best player in the class and happens to be right in the Midwest (Edwardsville, IL). While his dad played at Iowa and they’re the early favorites, look for every program, including Michigan, to make him a top priority. He let Wolverine247’s staff know that he will make his first visit to Michigan for the spring game ($).
2017 S Isaiah Pryor
– Pryor has quickly become one of the top targets on the 2017 board and for good reason. He’s one of the top safeties in the class and, according to 247’s Steve Wiltfong, will make his 2nd visit in consecutive weeks ($). This is a very good sign for Michigan as he was their first offered 2017 prospect and is teammates multiple UofM targets, including 2016 OT EJ Price and 2017 CB Jamyest Williams.
2017 RB/DB Allen Stritzinger
– Stritzinger is one of the top athletes in the Midwest and talents in the state. While he’s listed as a running back, he’s been one of the top defensive back performers at camps recently. It’s not clear where Michigan will be targeting him but they’ll get their first real shot at impressing him as he let me know he’ll be at the spring game on Saturday.
Maybe/Possible/Not Out of the Question
- LB Koby Quansah
- ATH JD Spielman
- 2017 LB Drew Singleton
- 2017 WR Joseph Lewis
- 2017 ATH Greg Johnson
- 2018 WR Jalen Hall
- 2017 CB Ambry Thomas
- 2017 DE/OLB Jonathan Berghorst
- 2018 QB Allan Walters
- 2018 LB Bartek Rybka
- New Michigan Man: RB Tavierre Dunlap Commits to Michigan - Sep 12, 2020
- New Michigan Man: 2022 LB Tyler Martin Commits to Michigan - Sep 11, 2020
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Looking at the Options - Sep 1, 2020