When Jim Harbaugh took the Michigan job, most believed it would take a couple years to get the program back to it’s winning ways. However, Harbaugh isn’t the type to sit back and let things develop. He wants to win and he wants to win right away. So, that means going outside of the box to make sure Team 136 has the talent needed to compete from day one.
After bringing in three graduate transfers (QB Jake Rudock, CB Wayne Lyons and P Blake O’Neill), everyone thought Harbaugh was done in “free agency”.
The Wolverine’s Michael Spath and the rest of the crew have been on top of the transfers from day one, and he let it be known that Michigan may be looking to bring in some more talent via the transfer route:
Michigan has now added three grad-transfers for 2015, and we hear there will likely be more. Probably a wide receiver.
— Michael Spath (@Spath_Wolverine) April 10, 2015
So, who could these graduate transfer receivers be? Well, to help out a bit, I have put together a list of some of the receiver options that are looking to transfer for their last year of eligibility:
UCLA WR Devin Lucien
– The name that most Michigan fans are hoping for, Lucien will transfer for his final year of eligibility and would be a perfect fit in Ann Arbor.
Syracuse WR Quinta Funderburk
– Funderburk is by far one of the best names in football and after not being welcomed back by Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer. It’s not known if Michigan is an option, but the ex-Arkansas Razorback and Syracuse Orangemen could be a nice fit in the Maize and Blue.
TCU WR Cameron White
– White has already tweeted out his intentions to join Rutgers this fall but the move is not yet official. So, the Michigan coaching staff could take a run at him.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Donovan Peoples-Jones’ 2017 Freshmen Year Highlights - Jan 17, 2018
- 2018 All-American Games Recap: Michigan Commits and Targets - Jan 10, 2018
- Forward Thinking: Way Too Early 2018 Michigan Football Season Prediction - Jan 4, 2018