Sometimes you have to take a (calculated) leap of faith when it comes to these recruiting predictions and that’s what I’m doing here as I’ve put in my Crystal Ball for 2017 El Cerrito (CA) OL Aaron Banks to choose Michigan on Friday.
Banks is one of the top players in California and one of the best offensive line prospects in the country. He’s a big, physical mauler that dominates at the high school level and, with some time in the weight room and with the coaches, should be a road grader at the collegiate level. And I’m predicting that will be in the Winged Helmet.
While this is far from a slam dunk prediction, there have been some positive signs for Michigan just a couple days before Banks makes his official decision.
- Michigan looked to be in fantastic shape with the Californian after his unofficial visit to Ann Arbor for the BBQ at the Big House in early August. However, that positive feeling faded a bit throughout the season as Notre Dame and UCLA looked to become the favorites.
- Though he looked like a long shot, the staff still worked to get Banks back on campus for an official visit in early November for the Maryland game. And, from all account, he looked to have a great time once again.
- Jay Harbaugh, the main recruiter here, made Michigan’s only unofficial visit out to see Banks on December 1st. And it looked to extremely well as the younger Harbaugh tweeted out “The grind is rewarded” while on the visit to El Cerrito. This, of course, started some rumors of Banks silently pledging to Harbaugh and the Wolverines.
- According to Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz, not only is Banks a take but Michigan’s current commits have been working on him recently and it looks to be down to UM or UCLA ($). And with Banks never taking an official to see the Bruins and Mora being on the hot seat, you can see why I’m leaning towards Michigan.
When you add in Banks being very high on academics, his longtime recruitment and relationships with Michigan, and the struggles going on at both Notre Dame and UCLA, it looks like UM could end up being the choice tomorrow.
So, I’m going out on a limb here and putting in the first Crystal Ball prediction for Banks to Michigan. He’s one of the best ninjas on the recruiting trail as pretty much every analyst is stumped on exactly where he’s going.
We’ll see if I’m an expert tea leaf reader or not.
Where do you think Banks will commit to tomorrow? Let us know in the comment section below!
Photo Credit: Scout.com
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Looking at a Much Different Quarterback Board - May 12, 2017
- New Michigan Man: QB Joe Milton Commits - May 8, 2017
- Too High to Fly: Michigan Building a Sky Scraper-like Secondary - May 3, 2017