Elite recruiting classes are normally filled with top recruits from all over the country and the UM staff just crossed off another state for their 2016 class as Pennsylvania’s top athlete, McKeesport (PA) ATH Khaleke Hudson, has committed to Michigan.
Hudson is not only the best athlete in the Keystone state but he’s also one of the best athletes in the entire country. He has the build, speed, agility and toughness to be a standout at several positions (S/LB/RB/KR) throughout his college career which has some seeing Jabrill Peppers but I think he resembles former Ohio State/San Francisco 49ers safety Donte Whitner just a little bit more.
Like a couple late cycle commits for Michigan, Hudson is a player who the staff jumped on later in the process. UM offered him at the beginning of November and quickly became a main player for his commitment along with longtime favorite Penn State and nearby Pittsburgh. Commits WR Brad Hawkins and DE Ron Johnson really helped the Wolverines chances with their pitches during the Semper Fi Bowl and then the staff took it from there on his mid-January official visit. Thanks to that trip and the opportunities in Ann Arbor, the McKeesport star left the Keystone State and joined UM’s 2016 class.
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 205lbs
- Hometown/School: McKeesport, PA (McKeesport)
- Notable Offers: Penn State, Pitt, West Virginia, Michigan State, UCLA, VaTech
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #273 overall) – Rivals (3*) – 247 (3*, #23 S) – ESPN (3*, #84 S)
As for the Rest of the Rankings: Hudson is the 26th overall commitment, 2nd pure athlete commit and the 1st commit out of Pennsylvania. His addition means the staff can now take a run at several top names on the board and not just specific positions since he can fit at multiple spots. Some of the top names to watch includes ATH/CB Jordan Fuller, CB Lavert Hill and S Isaiah Simmons.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Michigan Recruiting Preview: 20 Names to Know in 2020 - Jan 13, 2019
- Early Impact: Looking at Michigan’s 2019 Early Enrollees - Jan 5, 2019
- New Michigan Man: 2020 QB JD Johnson Commits to Michigan - Dec 21, 2018