In an expected move, Oak Park (MI) OL Ja’Raymond Hall decided to pull the trigger and join the 2017 Michigan football recruiting class on Saturday afternoon.
Hall is one of the most physically impressive recruits in the state but is also one of the most raw. He has that athleticism and size needed but is in need of more reps and coaching to be a top player at the collegiate level. At Michigan, he’ll be able to work with one of the top offensive line coaches in the country in Tim Drevno and should grow into a nice player for the Wolverines.
While Hall was not the most offered recruit in the state, he is a player that was expected to blow up on the scene throughout his recruitment. Though I don’t believe it would change his decision to Michigan as he’s looked like a near lock to end up in the Maize and Blue since the day they offered.
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 270lbs
- Notable Offers: Penn State, Tennessee, Ole Miss
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #196 Overall) – Rivals (3*, #33 OT) – 247 (4*, #30 OT) – ESPN (4*, #235 Overall)
As for the Rest of the Class: Hall is the 4th member and the first offensive line recruit of the 2017 class. He’s also the 2nd member of the “Pipeline Nine” to join the class and first from the Detroit area. Thanks to that, he’ll now should become a nice recruiter for the staff to try and land the other top in-state targets, including ATH Ambry Thomas, LB Josh Ross and WR KJ Hamler.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- What Now?: Where Michigan Turns After Simon’s Commitment - Jul 28, 2017
- New Michigan Man: TE Luke Schoonmaker Commits to Michigan - Jul 25, 2017
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: 2017 BBQ at the Big House - Jul 24, 2017