Jim Harbaugh is attending tonight’s Detroit Tigers game against the Oakland A’s at Comerica Park. Before the game, Harbaugh spoke with reporters regarding the NCAA’s meeting to discuss the Satellite Camp Ban, his tweets, and his relationship with A’s manager, Bob Melvin.
- On NCAA Board of Directors Meeting on Satellite Bans: “I can’t say I’m expecting it. No I haven’t (heard anything). I’m hopeful they get it right. It benefits who we’re supposed to be benefiting.”
- On Connecting With Recruits on Twitter: “It’s as important as it’s ever been to connect with people and get to know people. Especially the people you’re interested in coming onto your ball team. So I think it’s important as it’s ever been. I don’t think it’s a new phenomenon but the medium, as you referred to, that’s new.
- On ‘Epic’ Tweets: I have a lot of fun with it. It’s a lot of things other people say are entertaining, you get a lot of information. If you’re going to do something, try to be good at it.”
- On relationship with Oakland A’s manager Bob Melvin: “Where I went to high school in Palo Alto, California, Bob was like a legend. He went on to play at Cal and the major leagues. Everybody knew who Bob Melvin was.”
- On NFL Draft: “I was talking to Graham Glasgow’s dad today, talked to Jake (Rudock) yesterday, Willie the same thing. I tell our guys that it’s like no other, nothing else you’ll experience where one day you will have no idea where you’ll be living three days from now. A couple of days where fate’s in the driver’s seat; it’s a happening. Be happy about that. Sit on the spring, wait until you get picked or signed and then you’re off on a new mission.”
For the full Harbaugh interview, check out Detroit Sports 105.1
What do you think of Harbaugh’s comments? Let us know in the comment section below!
Photo Credit: ANDY SHIPPY/TodaysU.com