Looking for playmakers on the outside, the staff landed one of the top targets on their board and most polished receivers in the class as Santa Margarita Catholic (CA) WR Dylan Crawford has committed to Michigan.
Every class features tons of legit wide receiver recruits but there are only a few that are as polished a receiver and route runner as Crawford. Though he needs to add some more weight to his frame, I believe he has a real shot to see the field from day one thanks to that technical skill as well as his athleticism and speed. Something Michigan is missing on the depth chart.
Crawford’s recruitment was a bit of a roller coaster. Early in the process, he visited Ann Arbor with friend and teammate QB KJ Costello, and both were said to love everything they saw. However, the coaching staff change looked to put UM on the back burner until Harbaugh and company came calling again. Thanks to his official visit for the MSU game, the educational and football opportunities in Ann Arbor (it also helped that Oregon reportedly ran out of room in their class), he decided to don the Maize and Blue hat at the Army All-American Game.
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 180lbs
- Hometown/School: Pasadena, CA (Santa Margarita Catholic)
- Notable Offers: USC, UCLA, Oregon, Notre Dame, Stanford, Oklahoma
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #131 overall) – Rivals (4*, #115 overall) – 247 (4*, #113 overall) – ESPN (4*, #179 overall)
As for the Rest of the Class: Crawford is the 24th addition to the class and the 4th pure wide receiver overall. Though he may take visits and will be a player the staff needs to continue to recruit until NSD, his addition will make the ending of the class very interesting. The staff has two more legit wide receiver options in Donald Stewart and Keyshawn “Pie” Young, both who could commit to UM if given the opportunity. Add in the low amount of spots remaining in the class and it’ll be something to watch very closely up until February 3rd.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- New Michigan Man: ATH Tyrece Woods Commits to Michigan - Aug 12, 2018
- 2018 Michigan Football Season Preview: Position Battles to Watch - Aug 12, 2018
- Coming to Crisler: 2019 F Cole Bajema Commits to Michigan - Aug 6, 2018