“Tight End U” is the goal of Jay Harbaugh and he just added his first 2016 piece to the puzzle as Shepard Hill (MA) TE Sean McKeon has committed to Michigan.
— Sean Mckeon (@Mckeon_Sean) June 15, 2015
McKeon is an old school tight end that can make plays as both a pass catcher and run blocker. He has the size and skill that should fit perfectly in Harbaugh’s offense and remind some of former Stanford standout Colby Fleener.
As for his recruitment, like most of Michigan’s latest commitments, it completely changed once he received the offer from the Wolverines. He landed his offer on June 1st and decided to pull the trigger after having a standout performance at the ExposureU camp in front of the coaching staff.
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 227lbs.
- Notable Offers: Boston College, Pittsburgh, Syracuse
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #51 TE) – Rivals (2*) – 247 (3*, #64 TE) – ESPN (NR)
As for the Rest of the Class: McKeon is the 13th commitment of the class and the 1st pure tight end commit. But that shouldn’t change things with top TE targets like Naseir Upshur or Chase Claypool. The staff looks to be trying to bring in multiple tight ends for 2016.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Red Zone Woes Continue: 2017 Michigan-Air Force Game Recap and Highlights - Sep 16, 2017
- Four Things to Watch: Michigan vs. Air Force Game Preview - Sep 16, 2017
- Photo Gallery: 2017 Michigan vs. Cincinnati Game - Sep 13, 2017