While most commitments are seen from a mile away just before National Signing Day, UM’s latest addition materialized in a week and was a bit of a shock as 2016 American Heritage (FL) TE Nick Eubanks has committed to Michigan.
Eubanks is a long, athletic, hybrid tight end that reminds some of former Michigan standout and current Carolina Panthers receiver Devin Funchess. Though he’s not the most polished blocker in the class, he will give the Wolverines a pass catching target that can become a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. Something Harbaugh and the staff love from their tight ends.
Out of all of the commitments in the 2016 class, Eubanks may go down as the most out of left field commitment. He held an offer from the staff since March but looked likely to stay in SEC territory and play for Alabama or Florida. However, the staff reached out to him in mid-January and set up an official visit for a couple days later. Thanks to that visit and the possibilities in the Michigan offense, Eubanks is a Wolverine.
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 225lbs
- Hometown/School: Plantation, FL (American Heritage)
- Notable Offers: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Miami (FL), USC
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #29 TE) – Rivals (4*, #9 TE) – 247 (3*, #15 TE) – ESPN (4*, #258 overall)
As for the Rest of the Class: Eubanks is the 26th commitment, 2nd tight end commit and 6th commit out of Florida. With his addition, the staff will keep up the pursuit of TE Devin Asiasi as well as his teammate DT/OL Boss Tagaloa. On top of that, everyone will keep an eye on WR Donald Stewart, DL Rashan Gary and CB Lavert Hill, among others.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Bringing Bunyan Back: 2018 Michigan State vs. Michigan Highlights - Oct 21, 2018
- Inside the Fish Bowl Might Just Pull Off the Impossible - Oct 15, 2018
- Beat Down in the Big House: 2018 Michigan vs. Wisconsin Highlights - Oct 14, 2018