To finish out the 2015 recruiting class, Harbaugh and the staff made a name for themselves by flipping several recruits. And they’re back at it again as 2016 Flanagan (FL) S Devin Gil decommitted from Miami on his visit to Ann Arbor and joined the Wolverines just days later.
Gil is physical, athletic safety that looks to be a great fit in Durkin’s defense as a centerfielder. He has the size and range to be a difference maker early on in his career, especially with the depth chart starting to open up with the graduations of Jarrod Wilson, Dymonte Thomas, Delano Hill and Jeremy Clark in the not-so-distant future.
As for his recruitment, he committed to Miami back in January and looked to be very solid on that commitment. That was until Michigan got involved. They quickly made him and his teammates, Devin Bush Jr and Josh Metellus, priorities, and once they got the trio on campus, it looked like just a matter of time. Especially after Gil decommitted from Miami while in Ann Arbor.
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 205lbs
- Notable Offers: Miami (FL), Louisville, Colorado, NC State
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #77 S) – Rivals (3*) – 247 (3*, #63 S) – ESPN (3*, #33 S)
As for the Rest of the Class: Gil is the 17th commitment for the class and the 3rd true defensive back. He also happens to be the 11th June commit and the 2nd from Flanagan HS. And I don’t expect either trend to end anytime soon. Devin Bush Jr, out of Flanagan looks to be close while plenty of other top targets look to pull the trigger soon.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- New Michigan Man: S Daxton Hill Commits to Michigan - Sep 18, 2018
- A Close Comfortable Win: 2018 Michigan vs. SMU Recap & Highlights - Sep 17, 2018
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: Elite 2019 Visitor vs SMU - Sep 14, 2018