And the roll just keeps on going. Michigan has landed a big time commitment from one of the most talented defensive ends in the country as Camden (NJ) DE Ron Johnson has decided to join Jim Harbaugh’s first full recruiting class in Ann Arbor.
I have committed to The University of Michigan 〽️thanks to everyone who believed in me and gave me the opportunity!! pic.twitter.com/BNv5rljqR0
— Ron Johnson Jr✨ (@RonJohn24) June 25, 2015
Johnson is a big, physical lineman that has the size and power to play the strong side or even on the inside during passing plays and the athleticism to play the weakside. That versatility was a question mark for awhile but it’s why he is a nice fit in Michigan’s defense as Durkin can move him all over to create matchup problems.
Ever since he visited back in March, most believed Michigan was the favorites and he didn’t hide his admiration for the Maize and Blue. Once he planned on making a return trip, a commitment looked inevitable, and it was as he decided to be the first New Jersey target to join the class.
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 240lbs
- Notable Offers: Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oregon
- Rankings: Scout (3*)- Rivals (4*, #109 overall) – 247 (4*, #215 overall) – ESPN (4*, #103 overall) – MGoFish (4*)
As for the Rest of the Class: Johnson is the 20th addition to the class, 1st true defensive lineman and the 14th of the month. He should also be just the start to a great DLine haul for Michigan, which has several other top targets on the board still, including Rashan Gary, Xavier Kelly, Chris Daniels and Connor Murphy.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- New Michigan Man: DE Aidan Hutchinson - Feb 22, 2017
- 2018 Best Guess Recruiting Class: February 9th - Feb 9, 2017
- Breaking Down My 2017 Best Guess Recruiting Class Predictions - Feb 4, 2017