After adding one of the best offensive line hauls in the nation in 2019, Ed Warriner is back at it in the 2020 class. With three commitments already on the board, he’s added another to the haul as 2020 J Serra Catholic (CA) OT Jeffery Persi committed to Michigan during the mega June weekend visit.
Former tight end turned tackle, Persi has that elite level frame and natural talent that excites any offensive line coach. He’s tough and physical but still raw and has a ways to go with his technique and in both the cafeteria and the weight room. Playing in one of the best leagues in the country, going up against the likes of Mater Dei, Servite, and St. John Bosco on a week-to-week basis, he’s a guy who won’t be overwhelmed when he gets to Ann Arbor. However, with the depth built at the tackle spot and the size issues are why I see him taking a little time to see the field. But once he gets the right size on, he’s a guy who could end up being a multi-year starter at right tackle during his career.
- Height: 6’7”
- Weight: 265lbs
- Hometown (School): San Juan Capistrano, CA (J Serra Catholic)
- Notable Offers: UCLA, Oklahoma, USC, Washington
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #35 OT) – 247Sports (3*, #43 OT) – ESPN (4*, #33 OT)
- Composite Ranking: Three-Star, #394 Overall, #34 OT, #34 in California
Photo Credit: Jeffrey Persi/Twitter
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: Late January 2021 & 2022 Visitors - Jan 25, 2020
- Coming to Crisler: SF Jace Howard Commits to Michigan - Jan 20, 2020
- New Michigan Man: 2022 DB Myles Rowser Commits to Michigan - Jan 13, 2020