Looking for Michigan to finally start picking up some “big fish” out of the recruiting pond? Well, how about a five star offensive lineman? That’s right, Michigan has landed the commitment of Arrowhead (WI) OL Ben Bredeson.
— Ben Bredeson (@Ben_Bredeson74) June 17, 2015
Bredeson is a big, physical, versatile offensive lineman that has the chance to star at any position along the line at the next level. With Coach Drevno teaching him and Harbaugh’s pro-style, power offense, he has the chance to be a very, very good tackle in the Maize and Blue.
As for his recruitment, Michigan looked to be a legit landing spot for him since about day one. Though most had him pegged to stay home and play for the Badgers, the mix of the new coaching staff, the possibility to play early and his brother being a member of the Wolverines baseball team, Michigan was the right place for him.
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 293lbs
- Notable Offers: Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Auburn
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #25 overall) – Rivals (4*, #49 overall) – 247 (5*, #29 overall) – ESPN (4*, #53 overall)
As for the Rest of the Class: Bredeson is the 15th addition to the 2016 class and the 3rd offensive lineman commit that will make up, what I believe is, the best offensive line recruiting haul in the country (especially if they land OG Terrance Davis) with three top 100 lineman in the fold already. Look for the June recruiting momentum to keep rolling along in the near future with all of the visitors on campus in the next 10 days.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Looking at a Much Different Quarterback Board - May 12, 2017
- New Michigan Man: QB Joe Milton Commits - May 8, 2017
- Too High to Fly: Michigan Building a Sky Scraper-like Secondary - May 3, 2017