Looking to solidify the pipeline to New Jersey even more, the UM coaching staff has landed yet another 2016 commitment from the Garden State as De Paul Catholic (NJ) DT Michael Dwumfour has committed to Michigan right after decommitting from Penn State.
Dwumfour jumps off the screen on his highlight tape and reminds me a ton of former Michigan DT Willie Henry. He has the size, athleticism, nastiness and quick twitch that would fit perfectly at multiple positions along the defensive line. Though he’s a little raw, those natural traits will give him a chance to become a big time player for Michigan during his career.
Like a couple other “flips” during the Harbaugh era, the recruitment between UM and Dwumfour happened pretty quickly. The staff had been keeping an eye on him for quite awhile but held off on offering him. But as time started to run out on the cycle, Michigan made sure to get him on campus for an official visit. Thanks to that visit going off as well as possible, the De Paul Catholic standout decided to join his high school teammate, RB Kareem Walker, in Ann Arbor and commit to the Wolverines.
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 285lbs
- Hometown/School: Wayne, NJ (De Paul Catholic)
- Notable Offers: Penn State, Iowa, West Virginia, Boston College, Wake Forest
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #56 DT) – Rivals (3*) – 247 (3*, #59 DT) – ESPN (3*, #48 DT)
As for the Rest of the Class: Dwumfour is the 25th commitment overall, the 2nd pure defensive tackle and the 5th commit out of New Jersey. The staff and current NJ commits will all turn their attention to the #1 player on the board and in the class, DL Rashan Gary, who happens to be best friends with UM’s newest commit. As well as Old Tappan (NJ) ATH Jordan Fuller and Paramus Catholic (NJ) WR Donald Stewart.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Recruit Review 2019: Episode Two: WR Mike Sairistil - May 20, 2019
- New Michigan Man: OL Zak Zinter Commits to Michigan - May 17, 2019
- Recruit Review 2019: Episode One: DE Gabe Newburg - May 15, 2019