Though some believe he’s undersized, Bush is a versatile linebacker that has the size, speed and tenacity to be a game changer at the next level. He has the athleticism to make plays all over the field and should fit in Michigan’s defense perfectly. And thanks to the future depth chart, he has a very good shot at playing early and often.
As for his recruitment, as soon as the new staff took over, he became one of their top targets at linebacker. But most didn’t believe he would leave the state as his father (and coach) is a former standout Florida State Seminole. However, thanks to the staff’s pursuit, multiple visits to Ann Arbor and his two teammates (LB Devin Gil and S Josh Metellus) already being committed, he stuck with his silent commitment even with tons of rumors of him choosing FSU in the end.
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 225lbs
- Hometown/School: Hollywood, FL (Flanagan)
- Notable Offers: Florida State, Auburn, Georgia, Oregon, Alabama
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #13 ILB) – Rivals (4*, #5 ILB) – 247Sports (4*, #11 ILB) – ESPN (4*, #180 overall)
As for the Rest of the Class: Bush Jr is the 22nd commitment and 2nd pure linebacker of the class. He’s also the 3rd Flanagan high school commit which is possibly starting to look like a new pipeline to watch out for in the upcoming classes. With him on board, everyone’s attention now turns to RB Kareem Walker who decides tomorrow. As for the remaining linebackers on the board, Jonathan Jones and Dontavious Jackson look to be the two top names to watch.
Photo Credit: Justin K. Aller/Getty Images
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- New Michigan Man: ATH Tyrece Woods Commits to Michigan - Aug 12, 2018
- 2018 Michigan Football Season Preview: Position Battles to Watch - Aug 12, 2018
- Coming to Crisler: 2019 F Cole Bajema Commits to Michigan - Aug 6, 2018