Jim and Jay Harbaugh had a plan to turn Michigan into the new Tight End U and they just added one of the best players in the class to that plan as De La Salle (CA) TE Devin Asiasi committed to the Wolverines.
Asiasi is one of the most versatile recruits in the class as he’d likely be a top ranked player at either tight end or defensive end. However, tight end is his chosen position and a main reason why he chose the Wolverines. And with his mix of size, athleticism and pass catching abilities, not only could he play early but he could end up being a game changer for Michigan throughout his career.
As for his recruitment, Asiasi looked like he was more than a long shot just a month before his pledge. So, what happened? Jay Harbaugh gets a ton of credit here as he never gave up the pursuit and thanks to an official visit late in the process, Michigan was able to beat out west coast candidates.
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 275lbs
- Hometown/School: Concord, CA (De La Salle)
- Notable Offers: Alabama, USC, UCLA, Notre Dame, Auburn
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #67 overall) – Rivals (4*, #46 overall) – 247 (4*, #74 overall) – ESPN (4*, #44 overall)
As for the Rest of the Class: Asiasi is the 29th commitment in the class, 3rd tight end and 3rd commit out of California.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- New Michigan Man: 2020 CB Andre Seldon Commits to Michigan - Jun 20, 2018
- New Michigan Man: 2020 WR Kalil Branham Commits to Michigan - Jun 19, 2018
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: June 15th-22nd - Jun 14, 2018