Michigan is looking for “Swiss army knife” recruits and they have just added another one as Cooper City (FL) ATH Rashad Weaver has committed to the Wolverines’ 2016 recruiting class.
Weaver is a big, athletic end that has the size and ability to play either tight end or defensive end at the next level. And while most analysts believed he was being targeted for the offensive side of the ball, he let me know that the staff likes him purely as an athlete. It will be interesting to see where he ends up in the Maize and Blue.
As for his recruitment, he was a bit of an unknown in the recruiting world until the Michigan staff saw him in person at the Florida satellite camp and quickly extended an offer. And thanks to what the staff told him when they offered, he is now the newest member of the 2016 class.
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 245lbs
- Notable Offers: Illinois, USF, Air Force, Columbia
- Rankings: Scout (NR) – Rivals (2*) – 247 (2*) – ESPN (NR)
As for the Rest of the Class: Weaver is the 12th commitment in the class and the 2nd out of Florida. However, he shouldn’t be the last as Michigan is hosting three top targets from Flanagan HS who look like very good possibilities to join the class.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Looking at a Much Different Quarterback Board - May 12, 2017
- New Michigan Man: QB Joe Milton Commits - May 8, 2017
- Too High to Fly: Michigan Building a Sky Scraper-like Secondary - May 3, 2017