After taking a little time to get its first commitment of the 2020 class, Michigan is starting to really gain steam as the staff has added its third addition to the class as West Aurora (IL) DT Denver Warren has committed to Michigan.
Warren is a big guy with some quick feet. Already listed at 300+ bills, the four-star defensive tackle looks like a future nose tackle at the collegiate level. He’s a big, powerful tackle that knows how to get after the quarterback and make plays in the backfield. There are still two years to go until he gets to Ann Arbor but he looks to have both the physical and mental makeup to be a good player in college.
Like with most junior class commitments, Warren’s recruitment was relatively quick. Michigan State got in early, got him on campus and looked to be the favorite in his recruitment. Then Michigan got involved and got him to town on an unofficial visit. After that, it looked like a done deal. In his interview with TMI’s Sam Webb, Warren said that Michigan was his new #1 team following his first visit to Ann Arbor ($)
That was in mid-June. Warren committed to the Wolverines just two weeks later and became the third commitment of the class and a nice get out of the Midwest.
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 315lbs
- Hometown (School): Aurora, IL (West Aurora)
- Notable Offers: Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Duke
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #213 overall) – 247Sports (3*, #284 overall) – ESPN (N/A)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #279 Overall, #22 DT, #5 in Illinois
As for the Rest of the Class
Warren in the third overall commitment, the first defensive line commitment, and the first commitment out of Illinois. The class is off to a good start and has the chance to be another great one for the staff with Michigan already looking good for five-star OT Myles Hinton, five-star OT Kevin Pyne, top 100 LB Kalel Mullings, top 100 QB Harrison Bailey, top 100 RB Daniyel Ngata and four-star WR Rashawn Williams.
Photo Credit: Denver Warren/Twitter
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- New Michigan Man: S Daxton Hill Commits to Michigan - Sep 18, 2018
- A Close Comfortable Win: 2018 Michigan vs. SMU Recap & Highlights - Sep 17, 2018
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: Elite 2019 Visitor vs SMU - Sep 14, 2018