The Michigan basketball staff has landed their first 2017 commitment of the cycle as Milwaukee King (WI) SG Jordan Poole has committed to John Beilein and the Wolverines.
Jordan Poole has picked Michigan @SamWebb77
— Brian Snow (@BSnowScout) October 23, 2015
Poole is a top 100 player that fits the Beilein mold of combo guards. He is a smooth playmaker that can play either guard positions but looks to be a better fit at the two thanks to his scoring and spot up shooting ability. His skills remind me a bit of a more developed Muhammed-Ali Abdur-Rahkman at the same point.
Being the first 2017 commitment, Poole becomes the leader of Beilein’s future class. Since he committed so early in the process (for Michigan’s standards; they just started offering 2017 targets), he will be the “feet on the ground” to help the staff reel in their top targets.
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 180lbs
- Notable Offers: Indiana, Illinois, Memphis, Marquette, Auburn
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #90 overall) – Rivals (4*, #104 overall) – 247Sports (4*, #92 overall) – ESPN (4*)
Photo Credit: Mike Mulholland | MLive.com
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: 2017 BBQ at the Big House - Jul 24, 2017
- Michigan Commits and Targets in the Latest 247Sports 2018 Player Rankings - Jul 11, 2017
- Inside the Fish Bowl has an Opening - Jul 7, 2017