Well, the biggest test of the first half of the season is here for Team 136 and boy am I nervous. But what I’m not nervous about is the recruiting list that will be in attendance. From all reports, Michigan will host possibly (depending on how big the OSU list grows) their biggest recruiting game visit of the season this weekend. We’re talking multiple official visitors from California, the #1 tight end in the class and, of course, just about every top in-state target from 2016 to 2018.
Check out the expected recruiting visitors list for the Michigan-Michigan State game this weekend:
- CB Lamar Jackson (Elk Grove, CA/Franklin)
Jackson will be making the long flight from California to Michigan this weekend for his final official visit, and he’s a name to watch closely. Though he hasn’t been talked about as a legit option in this class, he’s let me know multiple times how high he is on UM. And with the problems at the (former?) favorite, USC, he looks even more like a possibility. If this visit goes as well as the staff is likely hoping, look out.
- TE Isaac Nauta (Buford, GA/IMG Academy)
The #1 tight end in the class will make a return/official visit back to the state he grew up in this weekend. As for UM’s chances, Nauta is a recruit I’ve believed Michigan could end up signing for quite sometime. He’s arguably the best offensive weapon and most college ready player in the class, and would fit perfectly in the Wolverines offense. Add in the amount of family that still lives in Michigan and his need to play close to family, and I believe Michigan could be the favorite by the time he leaves campus.
- DE Terrell Lucas (Hollywood, FL/Miramar)
According to Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz, Lucas is expected to make the trip up north for his official visit this weekend. After landing his offer over the summer, most believed it was just a matter of time before he committed to UM. However, he held off and looks likely to be heading elsewhere though I believe this visit and the way the defense is playing could sway things back towards the Wolverines real quick.
- WR Dylan Crawford (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA/Santa Margarita Catholic)
Crawford announced his official visit plans on Twitter and quickly became another Californian to keep an eye on. The teammate and good friend of former Michigan QB target/current Stanford commit KJ Costello was rumored to be favoring UM after his visit to Ann Arbor last summer. Though once Costello committed to the Cardinal, most believed the pipe dream of landing Crawford was closed up. Well, that does not look to be the case as he has continued to show Michigan a lot of love and even was the recipient of the latest Crystal Ball prediction to Michigan by 247Sports’ National Recruiting Analyst Steve Wiltfong.
With the final wide receiver spots (2ish left, I believe?) looking like a first-come-first-serve situation, things will likely become very interesting if this return trip goes off as well his first visit. Lets just say, if things go well, he’ll be in my next BGRC.
- CB David Long (Los Angeles, CA/Loyola)- Stanford
According to 247Sports’ Ryan Bartow, Long will make his official visit to Michigan this weekend with the staff looking to flip him from Stanford. As, arguably, the top corner on the board (it may be a tie with Lavert Hill and Lamar Jackon, which makes it even better they’re all visiting together), Long is expected to get the full red carpet treatment this weekend, per 247Sports’ Steve Wiltfong.
As for Michigan’s chances, here’s the thing, it has been reported multiple times that he has yet to be admitted into Stanford. Though he very well may be admitted in the future, the UM staff can use that as a part of their pitch, as well the fact that they coach the #1 defense (and secondary?) in the country. If they can sell him on that and the prospects of moving east, look out.
- WR Korey Banks Jr (Tyrone, GA/Sandy Creek) – North Carolina
Banks let me know that he will be making a return/official visit to Michigan this weekend. As the staff continues to search for speed in this class, he may be one of the fastest on the board. It remains to be seen if he’s an automatic take at the moment but if so, I believe the staff has a great shot at flipping him from the Tar Heels.
- 2016 QB Brandon Peters (Avon, IN/Avon) – COMMITTED
Per The Michigan Insider’s Brice Marich, the Michigan QB commit will be making his way to Ann Arbor for an unofficial visit.
- 2016 ATH Armani Posey (Detroit, MI/King)
Posey let me know that he will be making a return trip to Michigan for the MSU game and will be coming with three of his teammates, WR Donnie Corley, CB Lavert Hill and 2017 ATH Ambry Thomas.
- 2016 WR Donnie Corley (Detroit, MI/King)
- 2016 CB Lavert Hill (Detroit, MI/King) – Penn State
- 2016 K/P Quinn Nordin (Rockford, MI/Rockford)- Penn State
The nation’s #1 kicker and Penn State commit told The Wolverine’s Tim Sullivan that he will be making a return trip to Ann Arbor this weekend after just visiting for the Northwestern game. Things look great for Michigan here.
- 2016 OLB Chase Pine (Williamsburg, PA/Lafeyette) – Pitt
According to Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz, Pine will be making his first trip to Michigan this weekend. Lorenz has hinted at the possibility of the Pitt commit becoming a legit option for this class and when you throw on his highlight tape, you can see why. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him land an offer, especially if the staff feels like they may miss out on OLB Carlo Kemp.
- 2016 WR Jordan Brewer (St Joseph, MI/St Joseph)
Brewer will make his 2nd straight visit to Ann Arbor this weekend for the game.
- 2016 TE Connor Edwards (Germantown, WI/Germantown)
According to Edwards’ Twitter post, he’ll be at the game as well.
- 2017 QB Dylan McCaffrey (Littleton, CO/Valor)
Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz was on this one as well, as (what looks like) Michigan’s top 2017 quarterback target will be making a return trip to Ann Arbor for the rivalry game. This is obviously a great sign for the Wolverines chances.
- 2017 WR KJ Hamler (Farmington, MI/St. Mary’s)
According to TMI’s Brice Marich, Hamler will be making the short drive to Ann Arbor for the game.
- 2017 ATH Ambry Thomas (Detroit, MI/King
See Armani Posey.
- 2017 RB Kurt Taylor (Covington, GA/Newton)
Taylor let me know that he’ll be making his 3rd visit to Michigan this weekend, all of which have happened since the start of August. Though other big programs are starting to ramp up their pressure on him, UM is in fantastic shape and things could heat up even more this weekend.
- 2017 RB Chase Hayden (Collierville, TN/St. George’s)
According to Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz (again; this guy is in on everything), the recent recipient of a UM offer and 2017 running back target will visit Michigan this weekend for the first time.
- 2017 S Ja’Marick Woods (Florence, AL/Florence)
According to Scout’s Chad Simmons, Woods will be making his way up north for the game on Saturday. This could be a big trip for him as he’s very high on Michigan as it is.
- 2017 TE Charles Reeves (Steubenville, OH/Steubenville)
According to TMI’s Brice Marich, Reeves will be making the trip up north for a game day visit.
- 2017 TE Keegan Cossou (Greenville, MI/Greenville)
Cossou let me know that he will be making another visit to Ann Arbor for the game.
- 2017 TE Bryce Wolma (Saline, MI/Saline)
Per TMI’s Brice Marich, Wolma will be visiting for the rivalry game.
- 2017 QB/ATH Rodney Hall (Detroit, MI/Cass Tech)
- 2017 OG Zac Darwiche (Dearborn, MI/Fordson)
According to his 247Sports profile page, the in-state will be visiting for the game.
- 2017 ATH Antjuan Simmons (Ann Arbor, MI/Pioneer)
Simmons let me know that he will be making the trip across the street for the rivalry game, and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him end up landing an offer during/soon after the visit. Especially with the rest of the top CFB programs recently extending offers. He also let me know he’ll be visiting with JaRaymond Hall and Marquan McCall.
- 2017 OT JaRaymond Hall (Oak Park, MI/Oak Park)
- 2018 OL/DL Marquan McCall (Oak Park, MI/Oak Park)
- 2018 OL Emil Ekiyor (Indianapolis, IN/Cathedral)
Ekiyor let me know that he will be making the trip to Michigan this weekend. This will be his 4th visit to Ann Arbor. Things continue to look great for Michigan here.
- 2018 OT Antwan Reed (Muskegon, MI/Muskegon
Lorenz was back at it again as he’s reporting that Reed will make another visit to Michigan this weekend.
- 2018 CB Reggie Pearson (River Rouge, MI/River Rouge)
Pearson is a name to remember and, according to The DZone’s Brandon Hunter, will be visiting this weekend.
- 2018 QB Jason Whittaker (Rockford, MI/Rockford)
According to Scout’s Allen Trieu, Whittaker will be making (I believe) his first visit to Michigan this weekend.
2016 PG Xavier Simpson (Lima, OH/Lima)
- Simpson will be making his official visit this weekend to Ann Arbor, luckily, this will be just more icing on the cake of his commitment.
Expect A LOT more names to be added to the list as the week goes on. To make sure you don’t miss a single update, follow me on Twitter, @MGoFish.
Photo Credit: Casey Brooke Lawson/IMG Academy
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: 2018 Home Finale vs Indiana - Nov 16, 2018
- Michigan Commits and Targets in the Latest 247Sports 2019 Player Rankings - Nov 15, 2018
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Seeing (Five) Stars - Nov 12, 2018