No, the 2019 season didn’t go as expected but the only good thing about missing out on the conference championship game yet again is the extra weekend the Michigan coaching staff gets to host official visitors. And the staff is hosting a very important group of top 2020 targets just two weeks before the Early Signing Period.
Check out who’s officially visiting Michigan this weekend:
- QB CJ Stroud
- The fans at the basketball game let him know how much they wanted the top 100 quarterback to join the Wolverines. But will the push from the entire program be enough to make up the ground on Ohio State? We’ll see if the staff can pull off a little miracle this holiday season.
- OT James Pogorelc
- Back again for his official visit after visiting Michigan for the MSU game in mid-November. He’s clearly jumped towards the top of the board as the staff looks to add 1-2 more tackles to this class. Stanford is the rumored favorite but this one looks like it’s closer than the Crystal Balls would suggest,
- DE/OLB Jaylen Harrell
- Harrell returns to Ann Arbor just a week after making a visit for The Game. Clearly a good sign for one of the top targets left on the board. Michigan looks to be in good shape but the question now is, how big of a factor will the Mike Norvell hiring at Florida State be? With Harrell not signing until February, the new Seminoles head man will have plenty of time to try and keep him in state.
- CB Darion Green-Warren
- DGW is of the biggest targets left on the board and at a position of need on the roster and in this class. And Michigan just may pull this one off. This is the first visit to Ann Arbor for the Califonia kid and with USC keeping Clay Helton, it looks like it may end up being another Michigan-Penn State battle.
Photo Credit: CBSSports.com
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- New Michigan Man: 2022 DB Myles Rowser Commits to Michigan - Jan 13, 2020
- 2020 College Football Free Agency: Transfer Portal Names to Know - Jan 12, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Basketball Best Guess Recruiting Class - Jan 6, 2020