Thanks to a change in operations, the Michigan football staff chose to load up its biggest official visitors for its two biggest home games of the season. The first happened for the Michigan State game, where the likes of top100 ATH Bryan Addison and five star WR Amon-Ra St. Brown made their way to Ann Arbor. But the top rivalry game on the schedule and in the country is when the majority of the staff’s top remaining targets will be coming to town.
Check out the full list of recruits that are expected to visit Ann Arbor tomorrow for the 2017 Michigan vs. Ohio State game:
- 2018 CB Myles Sims
- 2018 LB Cameron McGrone
- 2018 QB Joe Milton
- 2018 QB Kevin Doyle
- 2018 OT Jalen Mayfield
- 2018 DE Aidan Hutchinson
- 2019 DE Stephen Herron
2018 Official Visitors
- OT Nicholas Petit-Frere – Very Good
- Per TMI’s Sam Webb, the five star offensive tackle may be the biggest need in this class and is a player that looks like a real possibility to be in this class. This visit is a huge one for both Petit-Frere and the Michigan coaching staff.
- DE Eyabi Anoma – Very Good
- Anoma is another five star visitor that is one to watch closely. Like Petit-Frere, Michigan looks to be running second here but has the chance to jump up the list after this visit. Some may not know much about Anoma but I believe he could be one of the top 5-10 talents in this class.
- DL Tyler Friday – Very Good to Excellent
- Friday has long been a member of my 2018 Michigan recruiting class prediction and has been projected to the Wolverines via my Crystal Ball prediction. Though Ohio State and Penn State are pushing, I believe this visit could give UM the step up heading into Signing Day.
- DE Jayson Oweh – Very Good
- Oweh is another highly ranked target that looks like a real possibility to end up at Michigan. Though OSU and PSU are fighting for the top spot on his list, multiple reports have suggested that UM has the chance to make a huge jump up his list during this visit. We’ll see if the staff can sway the momentum in his recruitment.
- ATH Talanoa Hufanga – Good
- The five star athlete is making his way to Ann Arbor all the way from Oregon. And though the in-state Ducks are the heavy favorites here, rumors of Willie Taggart being a real candidate for multiple coaching openings, the door may be cracked open just enough for Michigan to at least make a good impression. Though it’s unlikely he ends up with UM.
- WR Jamarr Chase – Very Good
- Per TMI’s Sam Webb, the former Florida commit is making his way up to Michigan from Louisiana after recently receiving an offer from the staff. This visit isn’t one to overlook. There looks to be an opening for UM here with the other top contenders looking to be TCU and LSU.
- DE Taylor Upshaw – Very Good to Excellent
- Per 247Sports’ Corey Bender, the Florida commit will officially visit Michigan this weekend as well. And he may be the guy to watch closest this weekend, in terms of a commitment. Michigan looks to be in prime position for the flip. Only question is, would the chance hold off on pushing for a decision here with Anoma, Oweh and Friday still on firmly on the board?
- TE Tommy Tremble – Good
- Tremble hasn’t received a ton of publicity on the Michigan recruiting trail but he is a visitor to watch closely during this official visit. He’s a tight end in a similar mold of Nick Eubanks, which would make him a very nice compliment to Mustapha Muhammad and Luke Schoonmaker. Notre Dame may be the team to beat here but this visit could be a game changer.
- Four star WR David Bell – Very Good (per 247Sports’ Steve Wiltfong)
- Four star S Litchfield Ajavon – Very Good
- Four star S Marvin Grant Jr. – Excellent
- Four star WR Isaiah Williams – Very Good to Excellent (via The Wolverine’s Brandon Brown)
- Four star WR Marcus Washington – Very Good to Excellent
- Four star OLB Shammond Cooper – Good (via The Wolverine’s Brandon Brown)
- Four star CB DJ Turner – Very Good
- Four star DT Mazi Smith – Very Good to Excellent (via TMI’s Brice Marich)
- Three star ATH Steele Chambers – Very Good to Excellent (via TMI’s Brice Marich)
- Four star ATH Luke McCaffrey – Very Good (via TMI’s Evan Petzold)
- Four star DT Jowon Briggs – Very Good (via TMI’s Brice Marich)
- Four star LB Shane Lee – Good to Very Good (via Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz)
- Unranked DT Jalen Bell – Very Good
- Four star ATH Julian Barnett – Fair
- Four star OL Darrian Dalcourt – Fair (via Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz)
- Four star RB Joachim Bangda – Fair (via Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz)
- Four star LB NaKobe Dean – Fair (Maybe: per TMI’s Brice Marich)
- WR Rashawn Williams – Good (via TMI’s Evan Petzold)
- RB Kalel Mullings – Good (per TMI’s Brice Marich)
- RB Mookie Cooper – Fair (via The Wolverine’s Brandon Brown)
- RB Michael Drennen – Good (via The Wolverine’s Brandon Brown)
Who are the players that you be watching closest during the visit? Do you believe there will be any commitments? Let us know in the comment section below!
Photo Credit: Karl Merton Ferron / Baltimore Sun
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- New Michigan Man: S Daxton Hill Commits to Michigan - Sep 18, 2018
- A Close Comfortable Win: 2018 Michigan vs. SMU Recap & Highlights - Sep 17, 2018
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: Elite 2019 Visitor vs SMU - Sep 14, 2018