Landing guards out of the state of Ohio always seems to be a good idea for John Beilein. And his latest addition from the Buckeye state has the chance to be a good one as top-60 2020 Maumee Valley (OH) G Zeb Jackson has committed to Michigan over Ohio State, Michigan State and Butler.
— Zeb Jackson (@iamzebjackson1) October 23, 2018
A lanky, lefty, scoring combo guard with smooth handles that can create, facilitate, and score off the dribble. He can shoot from the perimeter, has a nice pull up jumper, and has the length and athleticism to finish at the rim. He has a little ways to go with adding the proper size for college ball but with plenty of time before he heads to Ann Arbor and Camp Sanderson waiting for him there, that won’t be an issue. With the way Beilein has developed guards at Michigan, Jackson has the chance to be another star for the Wolverines.
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 160lbs
- Hometown (School): Maumee, OH (Maumee Valley)
- Notable Offers: Michigan State, Ohio State, Butler, Virginia
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #72 overall) – 247Sports (4*, #58 overall) – ESPN (N/A)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #66 Overall, #18 SG, #2 in Ohio
As for the Rest of the Class
Jackson is the first commitment of the 2020 class and a great piece to build around. The class looks to have 2-3 spots in total for this class so Beilein and crew will have to be pretty selective. The staff has only offered three prospects so far in the class, including Jackson and top 60 recruits, SF Ethan Morton, and SF Jabri Abdur-Rahim. Other names to watch include five-star in-stater Old Redford (MI) F Isaiah Jackson and five-star Little Elm (TX) G RJ Hampton.
Photo Credit: 247Sports.com
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- 2019 Michigan Spring Ball: Five Things to Watch - Mar 16, 2019
- New Michigan Man: OG Micah Mazzccua Commits to Michigan - Feb 25, 2019
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: Mid-February 2019 Recruiting Visitors - Feb 16, 2019