Skilled big men have been a part of the John Beilein recipe for success since day one. And the longtime Wolverines head coach has himself another big guy that can score in the basketball as 6’10” Father Lopez Catholic (FL) F Colin Castleton has committed to the 2018 Michigan basketball recruiting class.
— DBNJ Sports (@DBNJSports) October 4, 2017
Committed ✅ pic.twitter.com/QidRLk9EJJ
— Colin Castleton (@Castleton_) October 4, 2017
Though he may be one of the slimmer top100 players in the class, Castleton is a problem inside the three point arc. His unreal arm span, shot blocking ability and technical skills down on the block makes him a dominant force, at times. He needs to put on some size and strength to truly compete and contribute at the collegiate level. But once/if he does, look out because he could be a really nice post player for the staff, who’s had trouble finding consistent scoring in the paint and shot blockers.
Like Adrien Nunez, who recently committed to Michigan as well, Castleton was a guy that quickly popped into the UM recruiting world. He announced his final two of Michigan Illinois right before his official visit to Ann Arbor at the end of September. But that was all he needed to see as the talented big man committed to the Wolverines less than a week after leaving campus.
- Height: 6’10”
- Weight: 215lbs
- Hometown (School): Daytona Beach, FL (Father Lopez Catholic)
- Notable Offers: Illinois, Clemson, Florida, Xavier, Florida State, Georgia
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #70 overall) – Rivals (4*, #120 overall) – 247 (3*, #139 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Four star, #117 overall, #30 PF, #13 in Florida
As for the Rest of the Class
Castleton is the fifth overall commitment, second power forward and the first commitment out of Florida for the 2018 Michigan recruiting class. And, barring something big happening, he should be the final member of a class that John Beilein should be able to tout as one of his best in Ann Arbor.
Photo Credit: PrepHoops.com
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- 2019 Michigan vs Maryland: Quick Takeways & Highlights - Nov 3, 2019
- 2020 QB JD Johnson Retires from Football - Oct 30, 2019
- 2019 Notre Dame vs Michigan: Quick Takeaways & Highlights - Oct 27, 2019