Check out the Michigan Wolverines 2019 basketball commitments:
1. SF: Jalen Wilson, 6’6” 185lbs. Denton, TX (Guyer)
Wilson is a prototypical wing player in Beilein’s system. He has height, length, explosiveness, and range from the outside. He shows his ability to slash to the hoop but can also knock it down from outside the arc with a pretty jumper. His frame is solid but could add more size to be able to bang down low. Whether Charles Matthews goes to the NBA this year or next, Wilson could be the perfect replacement.
- Commitment Date: 5/30/18
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #39 overall) – 247Sports (4*, #29 overall) – ESPN (N/A)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #34 Overall, #8 Small Forward, #3 in Texas
2. SF: Cole Bajema, 6’7” 175lbs. Lynden, WA (Lynden Christian)
Bajema is a long, smooth wing that looks like he could be a perfect fit at the small forward position in Beilein’s offense. His ability to shoot from deep draws in defenders and allows him to attack the hoop, similar to Caris LeVert. Like the now Brooklyn Net, Cole has a ways to go physically to compete at the Big Ten level but with Jon Sanderson there to lead the way, I like his chances of putting on the right size and contributing fairly early on in his career.
- Commitment Date: 8/4/18
- Rankings: Rivals (3*) – 247Sports (4*, #61 overall) – ESPN (N/A)
- Composite Ranking: N/A