1. PG: David DeJulius, 6’0” 180lbs. Detroit, MI (East English Village Prep)
DeJulius is a pure scoring point guard. Though a little undersized at the moment, he shows great range from behind the arc and toughness when taking the ball to the rack. His sharp shooting ability and natural ability should mix with his natural body growth to push him up the player rankings as the recruiting cycle goes on.
- Commitment Date: 12/22/16
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #23 PG) – Rivals (3*, #129 overall) – 247 (3*, #179 overall) – ESPN (4*, #83 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Three star, #279 overall, #53 PG, #10 in Michigan
2. PF/C: Taylor Currie, 6’9” 200lbs. Clarkston, MI (Clarkston)
Currie was originally a 2019 commit but reclassified to the 2018 class. That early time in college should give him the chance to learn and grow on a redshirt during his freshmen year as he’ll need more time to put on the necessary size to play at the collegiate level. He’s a technician in the paint and has a very nice mid-range jumper. With time, he should be a very nice big man option for Beilein and his staff.
- Commitment Date: 6/15/17
- Rankings: Scout (4* #91 overall) – Rivals (3*) – 247 (3*, #145 overall) – ESPN (N/A)
- Composite Ranking: Four star, #174 overall, #38 PF, #3 in Ohio
3. F: Brandon Johns, 6’8” 215lbs. Lansing, MI (East Lansing)
Johns is a perfect fit for Michigan. His length, size and shooting ability makes him everything you’d dream up for in John Beilein’s offense. Though he’s not the most athletic player in the country, he has the ability to get to the rim and finish, on top of being able to shoot the rock from all over the court. He should make an immediate impact in Ann Arbor.
- Commitment Date: 6/29/17
- Rankings:Scout (4*, #100 overall) – Rivals (4*, #43 overall) – 247 (4*, #51 overall) – ESPN (4*, #40 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Four star, #54 overall, #18 PF, #1 in Michigan
Photo Credit: Bryan Fuller/MGoBlog