The new Wolverines coaching staff is looking for game changers on both sides of the ball and have just landed themselves one of the best pass rushers in the Midwest as St. Joseph (MI) DE/OLB Corey Malone-Hatcher has committed to Michigan.
Malone-Hatcher is one of the most versatile defensive recruits in the class and best overall players in the Midwest. He is a big, physical, athletic defender that could star at multiple positions, including defensive end, outside linebacker or even inside linebacker thanks to his athleticism and pass rushing abilities. Though he’s coming off of an injury during his junior year, he’s expected to be 100% for his senior year which could see him climb back up the class rankings by NSD.
As a top recruit, CMH was a top target for the nation’s elite programs, including Alabama, Ohio State and Notre Dame. However, Michigan held an advantage from the get-go. Thanks to the staff picking up where the previous staff left off (especially Coach Mattison staying on him) and continuing to make him a priority, he decided to wrap up his recruitment by pledging to the Wolverines at the beginning of June.
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 245lbs
- Hometown (School): St. Joseph, MI (St. Joseph)
- Notable Offers: Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Michigan State, UCLA
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #287 overall) – Rivals (4*, #13 DE) – 247Sports (4*, #247 overall) – ESPN (4*, #254 overall)
As for the Rest of the Class: Malone-Hatcher is the 13th commitment overall, 5th out of Michigan and the 2nd defensive lineman in the class. Now that he’s jumped on board, all eyes turn to DE Luiji Vilain’s decision on June 13th (which everyone is expecting it to be UM). After that, the defensive end board opens up with the likes of James Hudson, DJ Johnson, Hunter Echols, Deron Irving-Bey and many more looking like solid options to end up signing with the Wolverines.
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Michigan Commits and Targets in the Latest 247Sports 2019 Player Rankings - Nov 15, 2018
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Seeing (Five) Stars - Nov 12, 2018
- Comfortable Blowout: 2018 Rutgers vs Michigan Highlights - Nov 11, 2018